Monday, September 14, 2009

Ready or not... here I come!

This is it. Number one blog post. I'm a little nervous and slightly intimidated and worried. Some of the people I admire the most are blogger extraordinaires and I would hate to be a disappointment to them. But, I'm a talker. Ask anyone in my life. I have to talk the talk before I decide if I want to walk the walk. I don't really like advice from people unless I ask for it. I need to talk to people, not for them to solve my problems, but so I can hear and see all my options in front of me... that way I can fix my own problems. That said I'm going to admit freely that the thing that attracts me most to this thing people call "blogging" is a line from one of my favorite movies...

Kathleen Kelly: "Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life. Well, not small, but valuable. And sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't be the other way around? I don't really want an answer, I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So goodnight, dear void."

5 comments:

  1. the brave quote is my FAVORITE. i've been wondering that about myself lately, too.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog, Abby, and looking forward to more entries and insights into Abbyland. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby,

    This is YOU. The end. There is nothing more to say than blogging is Abby and Abby is blogging. I'm glad that the two have finally come together.

    Okay, there may have been a little more to my commen than "This is you" but oh well.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "In a minute there is time for decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse."

    "Are you brave and don’t know it?
    Are you brave and can’t tell?
    Are you brave and just don’t show it
    While others know it very well?
    Are you brave and you wonder?
    Are you brave and you doubt?
    Are you brave above & under
    Especially when you’re inside out
    Tell me. Won’t you tell me?
    Tell me. Are you brave?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh.
    my.
    gosh.
    gordon........... is the poet meister.
    i'm so glad i came back to talk to you on here so i could see what he wrote.
    i wish he was not so good at everything.
    it's making me a little nauseated.
    also.
    what i REALLY came to say is:
    if you have a blog, it means you gotta post.
    UPDATE!
    .... same for you, g.

    ReplyDelete