Monday, September 21, 2020

Starting Now

Starting Now 

I'm on the brink of starting, 
I'm a mess from head to toe. 
I'm thinking of becoming 
someone new that I don't know. 

I can feel my chest is tightening, 
I can sense a shift in tone. 
My thoughts race fast as lightening
as my dread lets out a groan. 

I know I'll like the outcome, 
and the path I'll have to take. 
I'll smile when all is said and done, 
so confidence I'll fake. 

It's scary, it's unnerving, 
it's like this every time. 
I keep thinking about swerving, 
but then victory won't be mine. 

Starting now I'm moving forward, 
I'm letting go of yesterday. 
I'm moving on beyond this herd, 
keeping nervous thoughts at bay. 

I'm showing up and trying, 
I've heard that's all you need. 
My attitude is changing 
and I hear a brand new creed. 

"I can do the hard things! 
I can make mistakes! 
I can just keep going! 
Yes, this will turn out great!"

No comments:

Post a Comment