Saturday, April 9, 2011

My Hair

Have you ever had those days when your hair just demands to be done?

When you step out of the shower and look in the mirror and you just can't do anything else BUT blow dry, straighten, and style your hair?

And then, once you're styled and looking gorgeous, you look back into the mirror and your hair demands that you wear something rockin'- probably with a heel - because you're just too brilliantly beautiful to go out in a boring 'everyday' outfit?

If you haven't you need a new hair cut, hair style, or hair color... perhaps all three.

If you read this, look in the mirror and expect your hair to speak verbally to you... you may want to seek professional help... this is a figurative "speaking" of your hair to your soul. And more than your hair it's mostly your beauty demanding to be exposed and shown off because it's tired of being hidden beneath your less-than-optimistic attitude.

My beauty 'speaks' (again figurative) to me via my hair because my hair is best friends with both my beauty and my soul, so it has the easiest time reminding my soul of my beauty.

It is possible that your beauty may 'speak' (figuratively) to you through different means - not everyone's beauty is best friends with their hair. Therefore it behooves you to spend a moment discovering what it is that is best friends with your soul and your beauty so as to be able to better understand it when it begins to 'speak' to you.

I find it necessary as well to point out that it is not requisite for every person in the world to put on a heel. For instance, there have been times when I have looked in the mirror and my beauty has demanded that I go to the gym to remind my soul that it is indeed friends with the gym. And in that case, the heel turned into a tennis shoe, so please don't get too hung up on high heels.

As well, men, you can still achieve this moment of dashing handsomeness - have no fear! This experience is by no means only important for women. Men of the world also need to be reminded that they are ruggedly handsome. In your case, don't be afraid to look in the mirror and say, "Yup. I still go 'it'."

That being said, every once in a while I find it important to spend some extra time on my hair and subsequently on my outfit for the day so when I step outside my beauty and my soul have rekindled their best friendship and every step I take is a strikingly beautiful one.

I firmly believe that everyone deserves to revel in this experience at least once.

Once a month that is.

If you find yourself struggling with hearing your beauty or struggling to see beauty at all - drop me a line. You ARE beautiful and/or dashing, as the case may be.

Next time you look in mirror, you may want to put your - figurative - listening ears on and take a good long listen to your beauty, it's probably time for a little showcasing.

I have a strange feeling that 'you still got it'.

I know I do.

Goodnight, dear void.

As a p.s.

I would just like to add here:

More often than not the days when my hair demands to be done and my beauty demands a showcasing are the very same days when it is gloomy, rainy, or snowy outside.

There have been several times that I have taken one strikingly beautiful step outside only to have my hair and outfit laughed at by the weather.

It is important to not be defeated by the weather's mocking chortle. While your beauty has expressed itself on that particular occasion through your hair and clothes, if either or both are to be tested by the wind and precipitation, remember that the showcase is nothing but a showcase - your beauty is ever present and even more tangible when you've been rained on and blown to bits.

The showcase is more for your than for anyone of the outsiders you may see surrounding you. Don't give in. Keep that glorious feeling - your 'I've still got it' feeling - with you with every step of the way. Who you are and the beauty you portray and bring to the table has not been destroyed even if your hair has gone flat and your wispies have gone wild. Your steps still show that stunning human being you saw earlier in the mirror. Keep that image with you and forget what the day may bring to your hair or other aspects of your ensemble. The confidence gained from your exercise in bridging the gap between your soul and your beauty will make all the difference.

Trust me.

I do this all the time.

Beauty is not defined ultimately by clothes or hair.

It may be hard to remind myself of this at times, but I nonetheless believe that it is true. I am beautiful beyond my hair and colorful wardrobe. And so are you.

As was once wisely expressed, "You're never fully dressed without a smile".

Take your smile to heart and remember that if your smile is the only thing that has lasted the whole day through, so your true beauty has too.

4 comments:

  1. Love it!

    Although...I was worried about the heel comment...
    Nevertheless, thou didst know that I would cringe at such a statement and hast written a disclaimer to allow for such persons as myself.

    Okay, I'm funny. And maybe you didn't write that just for me, but I am going to think so. I'm mostly wrong about what you're blogging about anyway... (Florida V. Singapore anyone?:)) However, I feel a great kinship towards the heels disclaimer paragraph.

    Odd as this may sound, I totally agree with your post, and I've DEFINITELY had those days where I just want to be beautiful with my hair done and mascara on and an outfit that makes me feel super cute. So for all you other readers out there...It's not just a crazy Abby thing.

    But it may be a crazy Holyoak Girl thing... hmmm..

    luvs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heel disclaimer was for you. :) 10 points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this, Abby! In fact, I felt the need to straighten my hair last night (after I got the baby in bed). I like my hair straight but rarely do it that way these days. And guess what happened? I went out into the snowy weather today and my hair is not so straight anymore. But don't worry, I didn't let it get me down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha!

    Abby, I was going to comment on your hair tonight! It looked amazing. Even after all that hail.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete